Saturday, August 20, 2011

Getting in My Own Way

I saw a counselor for a little while in college. The woman was a complete moron, though she did make sense a small, small handful of times-- which is understandable since even a broken clock is right twice a day. One of those very few times she was right she said something about my being a perfectionist and I laughed.

Me? A perfectionist? Hardly. My attitude, generally, is "screw it."

But then she suggested that it was the reason I procrastinate. That I put things off and then if I don't like them then I have a reason why.

Which is probably part of it. Another part of it is that I'm majorly lazy, but a good portion of it is I'm afraid of screwing it up. It's why I haven't worked on my novels in a while. It's why I don't proofread or edit these posts, I just write it out and then post. It's why I can't seem to get this Fight Club post done.

Bloody hell.

I'm going to wallow in my artistic misery for a while. Then maybe I'll get some work done.

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment