Friday, October 28, 2011

A Light at the End of the Tunnel

Had another appointment with Dr. S. this morning, and an interesting thing happened when the nurse showed me to my exam room. "Alright, Joanna, come on in. The doctor wants you to have an EKG today, so if you'll just unhook your bra and hop up on the table..."

What the hell? All of a sudden we're concerned about my heart? What does my heart have to do with anything?

Come to think of it, I never did find out why this was necessary in the first place- I was too relieved when he said everything was normal to remember to ask.

So the good news is my heart's completely normal!

And so's just about everything else. The massive amounts of blood I gave in the name of testing came out all clear except for the minor glitch that is my white blood cell count, which is always a little low.

The bad news is we're no closer to figuring out just what the hell is going on with this abdominal/pelvic pain I'm having. Dr. S. agreed that a second opinion is needed from the gynecological angle (Mystery Diagnosis and Other Medical Issues) and gave me the name of a gynecologist that his other patients have liked. He's not worried about the cause so much, though, since the tests I've already had have ruled out the more dangerous conditions so now it's just a matter of getting me comfortable.

Comfortable. I wonder what that's like?

So we upped my Lyrica because it's not nearly as strong as it needs to be, and added a new stomach medicine that I can't remember the name of. And more Vicodin, because that shit is gooooold.

Is it nap time? I think it is.

Oh, and not that Hyperbole and a Half needs more publicity, but Allie Brosh posted an amazing description of depression that everyone should read here at Hyperbole and a Half: Adventures in Depression. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment